Try this, Mom.......................

Dearest Mom

This is Debbie's recipe for her date loaf. It is sooooooooo easy and is delicious.

In a large bowl place:


4 crushed wheetbix


3 tbls butter


1 cup sugar


1 cup chopped dates


1 tsp bi-carb


Pour 1 cup boiling water, stir well and leave to rest for 10 min.


Now add 1 beaten egg, 1 cup of self-raising flour and 1 cup chopped walnuts. (You can add other ingredients like cherries etc)


Bake for 1 hour (approx) in a moderate oven.


They are also good as muffins too.


Enjoy!!!!!!!!


XXXXXXXXXXX


Jenny


PS. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for my weekend with Button!! Fly over and join us???????


PSS. I think I have spelled wheetbix incorrectly.


PPSS. Oh my hat, I have no idea I can't get the spacing right on this post!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts