Sydney with Button.................

Dearest Mom and Dad
Button and I had a very busy 3 days in Sydney - on Friday Button had to work - Aqua Pazza where she works, is in Circular Quay -this is the of outside the restaurant ......................

Mario - the owner of the place and Button - he told me in a very thick Italian accent that I had a wonderful daughter - my reply- "Yes, I know" could have come across a tad arrogant..............
he did laugh though...........


Button in the kitchen - it's spotless............


pasta ready to be cooked.............

The two chefs Button and Ben..............Button is the only female member of staff in the entire restaurant!!!!

The bar area.......................I nearly fainted when I saw the wine list................Dad you would have been in heaven........


Button and Christian - who is the owner's son - he also works in the kitchen .....more of the restaurant later....


While Button worked I went exploring.................had my photo taken with Melissa Doyle - a host on one of our morning TV stations - Gareth thinks she is a bit hot - but when I asked if I could have a photo all these school kids jumped in - she is a lot taller and thinner than she appears on TV - Gareth's right, she is gorgeous.............



There are these kinds of things all along the pathway.....................


It was the most glorious day........................

Button works in amongst those buildings................





I joined in on a free walking tour of Sydney - our guide was fascinating and quite easy on the eye - a nice added bonus - the building behind him is the oldest in Sydney..................


We then went to the Rocks - the fist settlement in Sydney - quite a lot exists - cute little alleyways etc.


A timeline of Sydney painted on a wall in the Rocks...............................



Our guide told us that when schools bring their students to the Rocks, the kids get dressed up as convicts - the one side of the shirt is a different colour to the other - and each child has a label round their neck with information about a prisoner - he then has to learn all about what crime this person committed to be send to Australia and also what kind of life he lived once he got here. The children with the highest marks etc get to be the ships captain or the guards etc........
Some of these "convicts" look pretty miserable.. the captain, on the other hand, looks quite the opposite!!

This building is called Susanna House and is the oldest residential building left standing in The Rocks. More of that later...............


All in all I had a fascinating morning - I could not complete the tour as I was heading off to meet June for lunch at Aqua Pazza - where Button was going to cook for us.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts