English Paper Piecing at it's best...................

Dearest Mom
I bought this quilting magazine in South Africa over 20 years ago. The price ticket says I paid R18.50 for it - that was a lot of money in South Africa then.




I kept it because I always had plans to make this beautiful quilt. Which I started about 9 years ago. To cut a long story short...........



............... because I am so disorganised - (I did not keep all the colours in their separate little groups and I couldn't be bothered sorting them out )- it became a scrap quilt - and turned out to look like this......................







..................nothing like the original quilt...................I then showed the pattern to Fiona who showed it to Maureen. Now, I don't know Maureen very well, but I can safely say that is is a very organised and structured kind of girl...................




......................that is why her quilt is so magnificent......................




and her colours are so, well, good................... her stitching is perfect............




Can you believe that both these quilts have the same size "kite" shapes -yet Maureen's shapes look way bigger than mine.



Thank you Maureen for bringing the quilt in to show us all.



The moral of this story is if I want to make really, really beautiful quilts like Maureens I need to be way more disciplined and organised.


XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jenny

Comments

  1. I think your quilt is beautiful, very much like you. It's very colourful bright, and as you said disorganized. I think our quilt reflect our personalities and moods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts