I am jealous................................

Dearest Mom and Button, I know that jealousy is not a good thing - BUT at my crazy class on Tuesday - Rosemary, Anna and Trinity - three generations of a family together sewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While Rosemary (creator of the wonderful Mary Poppins bag) and Anna got on with their crazy, Trinity quietly created her own masterpiece. Beautiful child!!!!!!!!!!!! I hauled out my Suffolk puff quilt that I started a few years back - Charlotte has been using it as secret sleeping place in my sewing room cupboard - was quite surprised at how close I am to getting them stitched together. I enjoyed making them - a bit like paper piecing - nice and mindless - very relaxing!!!! I have used 1930's reproduction fabric in keeping with when these quilts were in fashion - back in the time of the Great Depression.


Shortly after immigrating to Australia I started to collect vintage chenille fabrics - bought quite a bit on eBay. I made a quilt for Button with them. I am teaching this little boxed bag as a class at the Patchwork Angel - I whipped this one up with left over fabric - how sweet is the fabric - little roses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts