Crikey, we went to the zoo.............

Dearest Mom and Dad
Vaughn, Gareth and I went to the Australian zoo - we have never been there and have lived on the Coast for 10 years. Vaughn was adamant that he wanted to feed the elephants................

Gareth decided to join him.............



So did I, and for some unknown reason I started crying after feeling her trunk gently take the food from my hand...........


We were very impressed with the whole setup - very hands on ............


To be honest, I find the kangaroo to be the strangest animal on earth - look at their funny paws.............. and to see them on the move - too strange.................



I did not realise that echidnas are so big - their tongues are 18cm long.........who knew????



Thank goodness their weren't any big reds around ...................


Vaughn and Gareth having lunch and watching the croc show with Bob, Bindi and (can't remember Steve's wife's name) any way................ that show also reduced to me to tears - I loved the wild birds doing their thing........................


....................tiger .....................look how close we could get - there was glass between us though......



The African section is relatively new...............my favourite animal - the giraffe - were not let onto the Savannah area. I was told that they are not "sure footed" and the ground is not yet like the Savannah so when the weather is very wet they keep them safely in an enclosure.


The "food court' in the African section...... clever, I thought................



The toilets - I could be in Phinda................


Token koala photograph- we were allowed to touch them - but they were sleeping so we let them be........

We had such a good day......................expectantly good...............


We missed Button though.........................

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts