Oh WOW!!!!!!

Dearest Mom
I started this crazy quilt using up my old doilies and silk ribbon and quickly realised that I was not going to have enough doilies. I asked the girls in my crazy quilting class and Marie said that she had a "few" for me. Marie is one of the most generous girls in the class always sharing her buttons and beads etc. She is also one of the most creative........

I headed off to her house to discover something quite amazing..............................


This is the view from Marie's deck.........................

Marie is a collector extraordinaire................................


............................her home is filled with the most incredible amount of all things beautiful and old.............................


...................... a chandelier bought for $20 at an op-shop..................................


...........................I think Marie told me that this bit of furniture is from a hospital................



..................a gorgeous bit of hand work..................


............... a charming collection of tea cosies on her pantry cupboard...............


..................Marie's kitchen is filled to the brim with vintage kitchen ware...............


...............her beds covered with some magnificent chenille bed spreads................op-shops.........


.................close up................to die for..................


.................this is Marie with some of her chenille dressing gowns..................


........a wash stand - you would love this Mom..................


Marie is very creative - she made this quilt from all sorts of fabrics.........Marie peeping over the top...........


..................close up.......................


...............a collection of hats on a ladder..................


...............rolling pin, anyone??..................



...............beautiful bits and bobs...............



.................Marie in her home.....................



..............gorgeous old cupboards scattered around..............


I have a lot more photos to show you, Mom. I know that you will find it fascinating, I did.


Needless, to say, I left with a lot of doilies ................Thanks Marie.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts