A HUGE storm and "Completion Phobia"..............

Dearest Mom
Oh my gosh, that storm was big. I must admit, I was scared. I phoned Vaughn, I don't know what I thought he could do - he was hundreds of kilometers away. He did make me feel better though.

A certain friend of mine was told the other day that she suffers from a syndrome called "Completion Phobia". I think it is a term used for a quilter who never finishes anything. To be fair to this certain friend she does actually complete SOME projects. She did make this beautiful bag for me for my birthday. In fact, after looking at the amount of work that went into this bag, I would not have started it in the first place!!!!


It got me thinking about my unfinished quilts.... I do have a few of them. Here goes.......
A whole pile of crazy.........
The Kaffe quilt....... needs to be quilted.
Our joint effort - I can't wait to quilt this - it's too hot at the moment to hand quilt.
My half inch hexagon quilt - I have enjoyed making this ......nearly done....


A Baltimore quilt started about 15 years ago in South Africa with Di Sturgess - I don't think I will ever complete this one - it, unfortunately, has been stored for so long that it has rust marks on it.

A jelly roll quilt - made a few years ago - not my favourite (I dont really like fast quilts) - but I wanted to make a quilt with a jelly roll...hmmmmm. Needs to be quilted - I think I will give it to Danu for their baby which is due next year.

This is a round robin quilt that we did with the Buderim group -
I think I will battle to get this done too. Pretty though, the girls put a lot of work into it. You might not know what a round robin is - a quick explanation - you start off with a row of your own choice of design and fabric which you sew yourself - then it gets passed round among a number of woman - and they sew a row according to a set of rules. It's your job them to put it together. I started my round robin off with the row of tea pots.


I bought this fabric from Matarial Obssession a few year ago...........

And last but by no means least - I made about 800 suffolk puffs !!!!! All I have to do now is to stitch them together - help me, help me!!!


Talking about needing help - the Aussie cricket team were 5 for 89 (or something like that) on the first day of the 3rd Ashes test - goodness......

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts