Twins, a special gift, a quilt show and a pig on the beach..............

Dearest Mom and Dad
So, I popped into Marie and she informed me that she had a gift for me...................It was this beautiful vintage chenille bedspread............................


Oh my gosh...............

 
I was so taken aback - what a lovely, lovely unexpected gift - as you can see it is perfect condition.


We headed off to the Brisbane craft and quilt fair.................


Started off with a delish brekkie...................of course.


Lots to see and buy..............


This mini quilt out of Shweshwe fabrics - I loved..........


Jane and I posing for the camera.......................


This quilt is made of thousands of half in hexagons - I don't know how I felt about it.......................notice the stuffed shopping bags!!!


Jane multi tasking

 
 Came home with a few interesting goodies - especially the recycled sari yarn - turns out that the owner of this stall was from Durban.....................


Sue is now a NANA - to twin grand daughters - Georgia and Harriet - beautiful names - the babies were 6 weeks early - but they are doing so well and breathing on their own. So I HAD to pop in with some champagne.....................


Vaughn and I went to a market on Saturday - I wanted to buy all the baskets...........


I know I shouldn't say this - but I am quite partial to graffiti - especially if its good.............we saw this one near the markets...........


We shared a pretzel...................


On Sunday - as usual, we went to the beach...................


And we saw the most unusual sight - a pig swimming in the sea. George was quite fascinated - I mean, when do you get the chance to smell a pig's bum on the beach????

Comments

Popular Posts