Happy birthday and Mother's day.............

Dearest Mom
By the sound of things you had a wonderful birthday and Mother's day. So sad that I could not share it with you.
I spent most of my Mother's day with Jane, Debs and Letitia at a quilt thingy.  We had organised to go a while ago before I knew Gareth was coming home.  Needless to say, I think Gareth and Vaughn were more than happy for me to leave them in peace!!!  They spent the day watching reruns of the rugby and seemed quite disappointed when I arrived home earlier than expected.  I bought a few bits and bobs from the show.  It was good - I discovered quilt shops that I did not know existed!!!

 It's always soooooooooo good when Gareth and Button are home..................


 If Gareth is feeling the cold here on the Sunny Coast he is going to be in deep trouble in Canberra. It was -3 there this morning!!!!!!!!


 I love feeding a bunch of rugby boys - I miss that too!!!


The weather was beautiful........


Perfect for prawns at the spit............


 I finished my 1/2'' hexagon quilt - I so enjoyed making it, quite sorry to see the end of it.


 Instead of adding a border fabric I used up my extra hexagons - I am happy with the way it turned out.



 The silver needs to be polished. When I opened the silvo bottle I was taken back to South Africa when I was a child.  Memories of maids polishing the silver on the verges of the neighbourhood homes.  With their legs straight out in front of them, enjoying the afternoon sun and each others company.  Seems like another world to me now.



Charlotte on the Saunderson linen chair - these need to be recovered but I don't think I will find such lovely fabric again.  Can you believe how long it has lasted??


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts