................it's good to be home

Dearest Mom

Sydney was busy, a little dirty but interesting.

Here are a few photographs of our three days there. I did spend a lot of it on my own as Button was a tad BUSY!!

NIDA - Button's Holy Grail ....


I wish you and Dad were with me on Friday - I spent the day in Surrey Hills - you would have LOVED it - quaint old houses, lovely little resturants - and not a chain store in sight!!!





I walked to the Sydney Opera house and here are a few images that caught my eye.





Just in case you can't read this - "The colony was short of servants. In this school, originally a light horse barracks, the ladies of Sydney sought to teach their lesser sisters "every branch of household work'."



I must be honest (and maybe a little un-Australian) to say that the Opera House is a strange looking building!! A close up of the tiles that cover the whole building.


I did not manage to include a photograph of that gorgeous waiter - but he come to mind when I came across this statue!!!!!



The last night we caught a bus to Darling Harbour - had a lovely dinner - watched street performers do their thing. And were lucky enough to catch a fireworks display!!!


Poor Button, she was tired at the end of it all.

There no excuse for me looking so terrible, though!!

I bought this t-shirt for a certain friend of mine - it is PERFECT for her!!!
All in all, I think it was a very successfull and contructive weekend for Button. With some very positive results. It was lovely to share the experience with her.
XXXXXXXX
Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts