Half inch hexies......................

Dearest Mom

Lee, Jane and I went to the this quilt show a few months ago http://http//www.ipswichartgallery.qld.gov.au/exhibitions/2010/04/03/fabric-society-australias-quilt-heritage-colonial-times-1960.
I felt as though I was in the presence of greatness - quite melodramatic - I know. But honestly. Mom, the quilts were quite magnificent. The crazy quilt was something else.
BUT there was one quilt that blew us all away. It was a very large quilt made up of 1/2" hexagons. The quilt was not dated and signed. The maker had "fussy cut" most of her hexagons.

Sooooooo, on the leaving the quilt show, the three of us decided we HAD to make one!!. We chose to use Civil War reproduction fabrics - which is in keeping with the original quilt - which was made around 1850.

As you can see my pile of hexie flowers is getting smaller ........................


BUT my quilt is getting bigger.............................



I must admit that my fellow quilt makers (Jane and Lee) are not as fast as I am - they spend WAY too much time GAZING at their hexagons!!!! In fact, one of them, and I am not saying which one , is known to stroke hers!!!!!!!!!!


As you know I normally like to cut my papers - BUT these were way too small. So I ordered them precut.


What do you think??


XXXXX
Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts