A challenge - one or two ..................

Dearest Mom and Dad
So, remember that "Fibre arts" challenge that got me all emotional??
It was show and tell time on Monday.................
Cathy's was lovely - she grew up in a dry part of the country - but there were roses ............
I liked this one


I am new to the group so I unfortunately don't remember everybody name. This woman can recalled her mother whistling and playing records - so she turned a record bought from an opshop into a work of art.


Oh wow - as usual Joan delivered - these giant ant were made from a belt and a necklace - I think. There was a wonderful story connected to these ants - of her daring her brother to walk over an ant mound.......................


A miniature Guy Fawkes bonfire was another childhood memory.


I decided to use the skills that a little girl Jennifer would have had at the time of my memory of Dororthy Snashall in the garden. I bought wool from an op shop and used the crochet technique that Granny taught me for the back ground. I cut clothes from recycled wool and made a tree by couching down some wool. The back of the work had all the knots and working stitches showing just like a little girl would have left it.
I must admit - I DO NOT LIKE these challenges - but this one was quite wonderful.


I am eating way too many of these........................


in my sewing room working on this quilt...................that has been dragging on for years................


............still cutting out the shapes....................


.........................but I have all the faces of my family.................


..................scattered around the room.......................


............................for me to look at.......................


........................when I miss you all....................


.......................My family.....................
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts