An antique crazy quilt......................

Dearest Mom and Dad
I hope you have time to read this while you are in the process of moving.
My friend Cathy called me and asked if I would be interested in going to see and antique crazy quilt ???????????
So off we went and lying on a bed on the Sunshine Coast was this incredible quilt........................
Oh Mom, in the flesh it is magnificent - in fact, I thought I might cry.


Helen, who found this quilt in a trunk which belonged to her grandmother, invited us to view the quilt.


So, it was made in 1885 - if I can remember correctly.


In the flesh - oh my - the embroidery..................


The colours............................


...............................and fabrics...........................


.........................have I mentioned that it was amazing???


What a privilege to see it close up -.............................


............................for as long as I wanted to.................................


..............................I have no more words..................................


................................................


We did see some other needlework, crochet and a quilt belonging to Helen's grandmother...................


..........................so generous with their time.................and a cake was baked.
A very special morning.
Pop onto www.sewsocrazy.blogspot.com for more photos.

XXXXX

Comments

Popular Posts