Charleville

Dearest Mom and Dad

I was reminded of this blog a while back and I forgot how much you and Dad enjoyed hearing all my the news about our life in Oz.

So here goes.

My trip to Charleville............

I packed up my sewing kit, crossword book and medication to brave the tiny plane trip to Charleville

Did I mention that the plane is small?????????

Too bloody small!

Arriving in Charleville

The airport

Cute and the lovely Jeanelle was waiting to pick me up and take me to my motel.


 

 

I went for morning walks before my class

The streets are wide with very few cars .............

Interesting sign - there is a bit of a problem with wild pigs in Queensland - I believe they grow to be huge and dangerous! People hunt and shoot them. Obviously, the owner of these pigs did not want his pigs shot.

This building could be in Durban - the influences of a colonial past...............

The skies are beautiful in Charleville, as are the sunsets, which I didn't get to photograph!

Wide streets - because of the bullocks wagon "things" from way back - much like the roads in the old Rhodesia....................

Those skies, though!

I found a $5 note!

Teaching in small country towns is great - the people are friendly and relaxed. AND lots of fun!!!!! I have got to know so many of the women over the years and it feels as though I should be sitting chatting instead of teaching!

Here is some of the work that was done over the four day workshop. All the work is diverse and unique - its the way I like to teach but it is exhausting! It would be way easier for me if I supplied a pattern and kit and everybody did the same project.............................but, that is not the way I work.

















Jan finished her shoulder bag, inspired by the one I made you, Mom. She was very happy with it!

And then it was back on the bloody small plane, fatter, happy and exhausted  ..........................


...............and home to Vaughn and the pets AND a swim in the sea.




Till next time.

All my love

Jenny

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Comments

Popular Posts