A picnic in the Bushland Botanic gardens

 Dearest Mom and Dad

BC (before Covid) I had an idea to celebrate World Embroidery Day by organizing a exhibition with work done by all the students in my classes ....................anyway. When we came out of knockdown I looked at it again and decided to do it on a smaller scale.  To cut a long story short we simply gathered at the Botanic gardens and shared some of our work................................basically, we enjoyed each others company.

It was so good that we have gathered amongst the trees 3 times since then: braving the elements (yes, we met in a torrential rain event ) the kookaburras who steal food out of your hands and the thieving bush turkeys who rummage through baskets and steal vintage lace!!!!!!

And, we also enjoy a tipple or two!

Although Jane does not come to my classes she very much enjoys the picnic. She gets extremely organized packing her lunch (she fed me last time)

Sue made a batch of her delicious scones and homemade jam - and our sewing tools come in handy if we don't have plates  !

Such a fun day with lovely women, its good for the soul. We don't have to bring table and chairs they are supplied by the council.

The cafe is run with the help of teenagers with disabilities. They also make cute things like bird feeders, candles etc and get very excited when we pop in to get our tea.

I then discovered that there are free yoga lessons (also provided by the council) every Thursday morning - yoga amongst the tress, I might just have to give it a go.

Sue's scones up close and personal ...............................

Since I don't think I will ever be able to go mud-larking on the Thames I will forage in the foliage - I have collected some interesting seeds, pods, wood and rocks along my walks.

Absolutely nothing beats a hand quilted scrap quilt drying in the sun!!!

Pretty colors in our very green garden ...............

Carol's little angel is near me on my outside lounge - she always tips over like that!!!!

I LOOOOOOOOVE this little area - especially at night.................

.............................and my drinking friend lives just down the road.

My funny little air plants are thriving!

Date loaf with my butter.......................................


Until next time.

All my love

Jenny

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Comments

Popular Posts