.....................quilts, a show and its your birthday!!!!

Dearest Mom and Dad

Firstly, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mom. xxxxxx

So, yes, I did get Button's quilt done in time. Just basic straight line quilting but it suited the quilt, I think.
 

I quickly whipped up some fun pillow cases too. Just in time for Vaughn to take them with him.


I washed this quilt the other day - and it just confirmed how beautiful hand quilted quilts are. Granted, this is an old quilt but still, the textures....


Even straight line quilting is lovely.


I was asked to show some crazy quilts at the Quota quilt show in Maleny.


So while Jane was manning the tale I popped outside to practice my photography..........


I do like this one - but I still think that my lens is not suitable.


Thank goodness I saw Helen at the show because she gladly "offered" to help me display the quilts. I did not manage to get any completed work by my students so I filled it up with my work, some antique and vintage quilts that I have bought and unfinished crazy by the lovely ladies from the "Fat quarters" group in Maleny.
 

I asked Jane if she would join me with some of her fussy cut English paper piecing to add to my work. Unfortunately, I have deleted the photos I took of her work when I emailed them to her. But isn't her work glorious??


My crazy quilt and book on display.


Some of my hand quilting.


My half inch hexie quilt.


My antique crazy quilt.


My 1950's crazy quilt.


I will get Jane to email the photos of her work and include them in the next blog post.
 
all my love
Jenny
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular Posts