A pain in the neck..........................

Dearest Mom and Dad
Another walk in the area behind our house with Vaughn and George..............


I am still working hard at mastering the camera - so the walk has ample opportunities to capture a little bit of this and that.


..........................some "shrooms".................


........................foliage........................


Vaughn pointing out our house................


I managed to persuade Vaughn to take a little holiday to Sydney and "you know where" - so I decided to really push myself to get the quilt finished for him to take with him for Button. Needless to say, I did get it finished but gave myself a pain in the neck !!!!!
 
I was asked to have a stand again at the Maleny Quota quilt show this weekend. I did not manage to get a lot of crazy to show - so I had to use some of my older quilts as table cloths. With the wet weather we have had, this quilt smelt awful after being closed up in the cupboard. I just love a hand quilted quilt - and you really see the texture it creates after it is freshly laundered. This quilt is now about 24 years old. Where have the years gone???


This is the quilt I started a few years ago and finished for Button yesterday. Even just a little bit of hand quilting adds texture. It is such a pity that so many quilts are machine quilted now a days.

More photos to come of the quilt show.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular Posts