A day out with the girls..............

Dearest Mom and  Dad
We headed off to Brissie for the day - quilts from V&A museum were on display (circa 1700 to 1945) ..................we all wondered around aimlessly for a while not quite sure where we were going................


We were on Southbank - do you recognise this from your "great train journey" ??


Of course, we had to eat. Not the best muffin I have ever had.

 
In order to get a sneaky photo in I had to make a loud noise so that I could get their attention!!  Fiona and Tish look suitably alarmed. Debs knows me well and was not alarmed by the loud noise I made.. And Jane completely ignored me!!!


No photos were allowed of the quilts - but............................ this quilt was made by the women prisoners on one of the prison ships. Quite amazing really....................


I love these water features...................................I want one


A spot of reading.............................


We saw this beautiful quilt in the flesh - its so hard to believe that most of these quilts are 300 hundred years old.


The ticket sellers.


Our table number.
A few of us went to see the Aboriginal art on display - really fascinating stuff and beautiful too.

And while I was enjoying myself Vaughn was working very, very hard at home transforming my sewing room.
I will take some photos for you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
jenny

Comments

Popular Posts