Oh my gosh

Dearest Mom and Dad
So basically, I spent the week eating!!!
On Saturday night Vaughn and I celebrated the book - as you know,  I received my advanced copy in the post.


We went to my favourite restaurant - actually Button used to work there - Ba Vigo!


I then met up with Cathy for breakfast - she is like you Mom, she loves to garden ..


Her garden is very small but very pretty.


And Mooloolaba was looking beautiful so we went there for brekkie!


I had these disturbing looking corn fritters!!


Yes, that is me looking like a troll - we were trying to take a photo of me leaping in the air - after a number of attempts we gave up!!


I dropped Cathy off at home and then I was back at Mooloolaba for morning tea with Elmarie. Her daughter recently got married - they had the wedding on a game farm in the Transvaal - oh my gosh - what a beautiful setting for a wedding.


On Friday, Jane and I went for tea - this is a Baklava cheesecake - I have no words to describe how good it was.


Jane had this berry thingy - the tea shop is run by ex South Africans ............


AND then I met up with Wendy!!!!! Oh my................................... it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to see her - here in Mooloolaba!!! She hasn't changed one bit and I got all the goss from Umhlanga!!


It was then time to cook dinner for Vaughn - salmon, parmesan potatoes and veggies.


We woke up early and headed off to the beach with George and Squash.

 
I have tried to call regarding Madiba - but what I am loving is how South Africa is dancing in the streets celebrating the life of this "beautiful man" ( Ainslie's description of him).
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
jenny
PS. Are you ever home??????????????????????????????
 

Comments

Popular Posts