Waffles - at long last

Dear Vaughn, Gareth and Ainslie (and friends)
Normally I would be at the Waffle House within a few days of arriving in South Africa - for some reason it was well over a week before we enjoyed the famous waffles.
As most of you know, my family have been going to the Waffle house for well over 53 years now.
All sorts of waffles are sold there now - but my favorite one is still maple syrup and ice cream.

Another reason I like going there is that I am always guaranteed to find some Zulu bead work - but I was so sad to see that there is very little traditional artwork sold on the beaches anymore.

If my bag was big enough I would have bought one of these mats made from lolly wrappers.


On the way home we stopped off at the shops and my Dad bumped into one of his friends - Dad is now 197cm and his friend about 157cm !!!! I loved the way they both posed for the photo...................

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jenny




Comments

  1. Great to see photo of the craft stalls......waffle look so yummy......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts